Loyalty Card System – How it works
Loyalty card systems can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Depending on the type of business, the most ‘typical’ style is:
- You register customers on a loyalty program and give them a numbered plastic card to represent their membership.
- You record details of each transaction the customer makes with you; allowing the customer to accrue points or ‘cash back’ based on how much they spend.
- You allow the customer to ‘redeem’ or ‘spend’ their accrued rewards in your store at some later date.
A loyalty card system can help a small company grow and retain customers through rewards and incentives.
What Loyalty In a Box Includes:
By signing up to Loyalty In a Box. We will provide you with everything you need to start up, and run your own customer loyalty program. This includes:
- A piece of online software that will act as a customer database. This will track any points your customers accrue; and also help you to contact your customers and market products specific to them.
- Attractive and durable plastic cards. Which you can give to your customers to represent membership of your loyalty card program.
- An optional hardware terminal that you can use to capture purchase details at point of sale.
- An optional barcode scanner that you can use to speed up transaction entry at the point of sale.
What You Need:
The Loyalty In a Box software is managed and hosted by us. So you don’t have to install any software on your computer; but you will need either an internet connected PC at the point of sale or wireless internet access (at point of sale) if you wish to use the terminal.
No other hardware is required and no complex EPOS integration is involved in implementing Loyalty In a Box.
Entering Data Into Loyalty In a Box:
You will need to input data into the Loyalty Space software to tell us about customers who are members of your loyalty program and what they are buying. You can enter data into Loyalty Space in one of three ways:
Manually / Offline / Batch:
e.g. key transactions into Loyalty Space at the end of the day or weeks trading. This is a good way to get started with Loyalty Space. It also depends on the volume of transactions your loyalty program generates. You decide on the process for managing this based on how your business works locally.
Via an internet connected PC at your point of sale:
You may already have this in place. If not, due to the need to be able to connect online to Loyalty Space. You may wish to purchase a small low-powered PC with internet access. This mode of inputting data is perhaps suitable for businesses doing a relatively low number of transactions such as a hotel or a salon.
Via a hardware terminal at your point of sale:
We can supply a small tablet terminal which will allow you to quickly capture transaction and member details at the point of sale without the need for a separate PC. This mode of inputting data is suitable for businesses doing a higher number of transactions such as a retail store or a restaurant, or for a business which is portable and needs a mobile solution.
Loyalty Space also supports the use of a bar-code reader. You can optionally use a bar-code reader to speed up transaction entry at the point of sale. This is done in conjunction with either a PC or the wireless terminal.